What is Psi Delta Kappa?
PDK is a Cinematic Co-Ed Honors Fraternity. Not only are we UCA’s first Cinematic Fraternity, but we are also the national founding chapter. The purpose and goal of PDK is to establish meaningful relationships and camaraderie between students highly committed and interest in the film industry and in the cinematic arts. We meet once a month to plan and discuss upcoming events.
What we do:
- Host the Conway Film Festival
- Grip Olympics: An Olympics inspired event held in the fall semester. Film students sign up as Grip Olympians and attempt to finish a number of filmmaking related challenges.
- Oscar Party: Every year, PDK hosts an annual Oscar party open to all students. At this event, students have the opportunity to make Oscar predictions and win prizes.
- Assists UCA Film Club with the UCA Film Festival and hosts the after party/awards banquet: The Filmmaker’s Ball
- Organize the 90-second shorts competition held during the UCA Film Festival. It is the only audience choice award at the festival.
Nothing is set in stone! Every year new members join and new ideas are brought to the table. Psi Delta Kappa is very open to new suggested events or programs.
- All Fall Rushes and current member are eligible to attend our Spring Trip! For the last two years, members have gone to the acclaimed film festival, South by Southwest, held during March in Austin Texas. PDK and the Student Government Association fund the trip.
- Honors Stoles are provided to all Graduating PDK members at no cost!
- Creates a ready-made film crew! All members help on each other’s film projects and are always eager to toss around ideas.
- Undergraduates must have no lower than a 2.75 GPA and must have completed or be enrolled in Digital Filmmaking 1.
- Graduates must have no lower than a 3.00 GPA and must have completed or enrolled in the MFA program.
- All PDK members must be declared Film Majors.
- Dues shall be One Hundred Dollars ($100.00) per semester or One Hundred Fifty Dollars per academic year ($150.00) and will be collected from all PDK members.
- Pledges shall pay Fifty Dollars ($50.00) their pledge semester and regular dues thereafter.
Please contact us with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Find us on Facebook!